A new company – BIOSPHERE AND DARK SKY PARK PROTECTION LTD, has been set up by a small group of campaigners as a vehicle for legal challenges against inappropriate siting of wind farms.
‘Winds Of Justice’ is the public image.
For an overview of what the website is about download the BRIEFING_DOCUMENT Aarhus.docx 2 here
We support independent research into ILFN and VAD: Health study -Needed actions
We need your support to enable this to be fought through the courts – Update on first case and possible future cases
Challenging government policy:
- to combat noise pollution
- to right windfarm wrongs
- to maintain local democracy
- to preserve the environment
- to protect landscapes and heritage
- to save our dark skies and wild places
- To contest the development of inappropriate wind turbines, windfarms and associated infrastructure within the zones of the Galloway and Southern Ayrshire Biosphere and Dark Sky Park.
- Where appropriate to take legal action in support of The Association’s aim 1 above.
- To raise funds to further aims 1 and 2.
- To inform and spread awareness of the negative impacts of poorly sited wind turbines and wind farms. These may be negative impacts on health, well-being, safety, the landscape and the local economy.
- To promote both the Biosphere and Dark Sky Park to achieve full recognition and status within local, regional and national communities.
- To assist other groups contesting the inappropriate siting of wind turbines, windfarms and associated infrastructure.
Our environment Our heritage Our voice
Email – email@example.com
We appeal to those of you who support our cause to be generous enough to make a contribution. We would welcome your contributions at any time.
Or by Direct bank payments to:
Biosphere and Dark Sky Park Protection Ltd (B&DSPPLtd.)
A/c No. 50045146 S/C 82 61 22
The branch address is:-
38 King Street
Cheques Payable to Biosphere and Dark Sky Park Protection Ltd (B&DSPPLtd.) and may be sent to our Treasurer:
at Airdsmill, Castle Douglas DG7 3BG
Please remember to include your contact details / name on bank or cheque payments – should we raise more money than we need we will offer refunds to contributors proportionately.
We are a not for profit organisation run entirely by volunteers. We have no office, we employ no staff, no PR company and no lobbyists but we are supported by many hundreds of people – some identified below.
Bringing an Appeal or Judicial Review is a very expensive process, and is not a decision taken lightly or easily achieved by the individual.
We need your money now to help achieve justice.
We are supported by:
TW312 – www.tw312.org.uk
S.W. Windfarm Action Group – www.windfarmaction.co.uk
Save Straiton for Scotland – www.savestraitonforscotland.com
GLARE – www.glare.org.uk
Breaker Hill Action Group – www.breakerhillactiongroup.co.uk
Save Loch Urr – www.savelochurr.com
Save the Machars – www.airriequhillartwindfarmprotest.com
and others from all over the world.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. All data raw data used is publically available or has been made available via Access to Information on the Environment (AIE) requests.
While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.